Senior Level Managerial Assignments in Education
New business set up, Marketing Management, Project Management, Business Management
NDBI runs an incubation center for creating Designpreneurs at NID. It is supported by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, (DIPP) & TePP: Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, (DSIR).
- India being home to 20% world children n a growth of 8 million kids per year is a sufficient reason to explore opportunities in this segment.
- Have interacted with more than 500 schools & colleges and found substantial gap in terms of new age educational products.
- Been part of academia and product development relating to all aspects of education, through enterprise sales & product conceptualization.
- Have won incubation at NDBI, NID Through a national business contest 2010.
- Qualified among the finalist, in the Power of Ideas 2010 organized by Economic Times, DST & IIMA.
- Developed an after school program for kids between 4-10 years of age.
- New product development & Launch
- Creative Team Leadership
- New business development ? Project management
- Product management
- Social media and web acumen
Leading institution for products & design & member of ISBA. NDBI trains in Mind to market approach to foster new enterprises and jobs.
Under Incubation, 04/2010 to Present
Contractual assignment: Presently developing, an after school program for a leading diversified house.
A researcher by intent, and go getter with great expertise of combining creativity with commercialization. An incubator for new ideas and projects that support the Business Strategy. Worked with multi-functional teams into various domains.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT TO IIMA INCUBATEE’S GUJARAT INDIA
- Led market research. Identified opportunities, researched new product possibilities, collaborated with academia, professionals.
- Initiated, established and drove new business relationships with business partners and institutions to commercialize the whole gamut from idealizing the product, conceptualizing it, promotion, & branding of product in order to help educational institutes gain the edge.
- Creativity is going to play major role in the next generation of products, hence need to have creative inputs from the employees. Seminars, testing, demonstrations and constant innovations will give the edge.
01/2008 to 03/2010
Worked with the top brains to commercialize two incubates with two different verticals, education & robotics.
Previous Experience: Worked with
- A top leader in making of the education specific product. Expert of ICT based education, e learning, content, curriculum, teachers training, school management, assessment methodology (CCE), LMS etc.
- Responsible for development of business strategy and growth plans.
- Management consulting experience across verticals for growth, identifying adjacencies, whitespaces and operational excellence activities, adept at creating frameworks
- Activities for growth & opportunity assessment, business case development, determining capability build requirements, competitor analysis, market trends, etc.
- Cross functional strategic projects for existing and new business.
- Insights, involvement & contribution in developing customized technology platforms (ERP & Enterprise sales) with emphasis on BI tools, data mining, analytics, decision making tree, multiple intelligence etc.
- Negotiations, fund raising & strategic thought with senior management was inherent part of the job. Taking the education business forward, interactions with angel investors & VCs have helped in giving direction to the business initiatives.
- Connected with other business leaders in the education space to create mutually beneficial partnerships that enhance customer solutions, leverage both companies' marketing opportunities, and expand revenue opportunities.
- Consulting with state and central agencies, as well as national grant-making organizations, to assist in the development of large-scale Education Process Management initiatives.
- Devise new models for revenue generation, key insights in the product development & marketing tie ups with several national & international agencies. Conducting and organizing conferences, workshops, in related areas; Implementing the new school projects;
- Oversee the hiring and development of a sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity / size.
- Role model for the company culture.
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
- Drive the development of national and international sales strategies.
- Working with marketing team to develop, establish, and direct channel and distribution strategies and programs.
- Key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Managing Channel and Direct Partners to develop and execute lead programs.
- Setting up of sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management.
- KOTAK LIFE(Financial Product Company)
- ING VYSYA (Financial Product Company)
- DHL (International Freight Company)
- BIRLA AT&T COMMUNICATIONS LTD (NOW IDEA CELLULAR) - Leading telecom company